WARHAMMER is coming to Linux! OSVR adds HTC-Vive support, Voxel Quest goes open source, and Steam does something stupid, again. Then Starbound faces the CHAIRQUISITION! All this, plus your hate mail.
NOTE: Unfortunately the reception from Space Canada was less-than-optimal.
Colour key: Venn Jordan Pedro
- I don’t know why gifts are throwing “This inventory is not available at this time. Please try again later” but it’s a PITA.
- Looks like VAC gifts are off the menu boys.
- VAC and Game Ban enabled games can no longer be saved for gifts.
- And you get FKD if you gift a game to someone who gets the VAC ban.
- Won’t cheaters just create 10 separate accounts?
- Now, why did they really do this?
- My guess is to prevent people from buying games on sale and using them for trade at a later date.
- $team wants you to buy game$ at full price.
- Mark my word-organ, this will expand beyond VAC gifts.
- So, to supposedly try and cull the amount of people creating fake accounts and buying games for those from their legitimate accounts, they will be shafting people who have the audacity of having friends with poor judgment.
- Like Venn said, the cheaters/hackers will just make another fake account and use that to transfer the games.
- When Steam sees the drop in sales they will improve L33t HaX0r detection… like they should have done in the first place.
- I’m legitimately curious about what kind of customer support horror stories will emerge from this being implemented
- Still, this won’t really accomplish anything. Like Venn said, cheaters gon cheat, so work on detecting them better
- Anyone think VALVe will do fk and all now that it’s blown over.
- The parents stopped being mad. As long as it’s legit, why would valve say no to money?
- They might still start banning accounts, but I don’t think it’ll escalate beyond that
- Well Cease and Desist letters usually have lawyers involved and lawyers have money involved.
- I’m not entirely sure VALVe is one to throw money away.
- But then there’s that all Steam Machine thing… hmm.
- And you can still use CS:GO Lounge to bet in Portugal.
- Sexing toys in 3.. 2..
- I’m just saying something is getting released with a hole in it #personalmassagedevice
- Pay $3K and you get the devkit! For now.
- Makes sense that it wasn’t fully open sourced. I don’t think HTC wants to leak the recipe to their special sauce just yet.
- One of the more interesting things about this release is they now have VIVE support in OSVR.
- Doesn’t mean you can use your VIVE right away, but hardware support is now in the OSVR Driver.
- Wonder if it can play, you know, 360 video.
- Yes, for scientific purposes
- Wonder if it can play, you know, 360 video.
- They’ve also implemented a new, advanced technology called…LOG FILES
- Didn’t we know this?
- Well, feral was doing their “hay guise, guess which game we’re porting” nonsense and the internet de-bullshit-o-tron 9000 figured it out
- And also in as much as we know Feral’s been porting other Total War games.
- Releases somewhere between September 22 / December 20
- RTS FTW!
- Still, I heard that this one is actually pretty good, even if you don’t like RTS
- Obligatory “For those who find D&D too complex”
- “It’s a snowboarding horse game, it can run on anything”
- Although apparently it requires Linux 10.7 to run
- Something tells me they reversed the Linux and Mac requirements
- Man v Government, Man V Man and Man v Society gets explored a lot in games, but not Man v Nature.
- Seems to be a cross between Firewatch and the Long Dark
- Probably the closest thing we’re going to get to “The Martian” the game for a while
- Big thanks to the devs for sending us keys.
- I started to read the user set tags for this game
- I fell asleep somewhere around the management one
- Manage a crooked police department! So exciting. Sirens and Spreadsheets
- Notice how every review outlet are testing damn near the same games.
- Well, they were the ones in that review document. #justfollowingorders
- It’s the price for “access”
- You’re still paying a 100% premium from the 1080 to get 35% better performance.
- And thus the new WTF Nvidia GPU is crowned.
- Windows only so far.
- He has a git repo up, but it contains a fuckton of batch scripts.
- Because that’s how you use a build system
- I’m shocked the game never really made it.
- Jack of all Minecrafts, the video game?
- Because we’re never getting that linux port of Elite Dangerous, there’s the open source re-imagining
- Their new version supports moar pew pew, moar view view and less “I’m fucking lost”
- This has actually been around for a while.
- Had a friend who played it, and said that you get the synergy effect of injecting multiplayer into a game that doesn’t really support it
- “Pokemon position in queue X” simulator
- This is about as far as I made it before I realized I didn’t care:
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Wazzat: Starbound is an extraterrestrial sandbox adventure game! You’ve fled your home, only to find yourself lost in space with a damaged ship. Your only option is to beam down to the planet below and gather the resources you need to repair your ship and set off to explore the vast, infinite universe…
Makes with the working
- It likes to not launch on the first go.
Shiny / Sounds
- They’re pixels! They’re colourful
- You can do pixel art well. Shovel Knight and Hyper Light Drifter prove that
- This i just meh
- It is completely unremarkable!
- The sounds are there to provide a bit of feedback but they don’t do a spectacular job of it.
- The graphics are there so you can see what you’re doing but they won’t make you barf rainbows out from every orifice, either.
- Can you tell the art was made by the same guy who made the visuals for Terraria?
- In the lead for worst UI of 2016.
- A perfect example of shite getting tacked on over the years when a complete overhaul was clearly needed for the final release.
- I can’t platform with WASD, so I picked up the steam controller and lo and behold it did the thing
- Couldn’t figure out the UI though.
- Otherwise, it gets dinged a chair because the UI is oh so tiny. Itty bitty. Even the zoom option doesn’t help
- The UI needs a revamp… badly!
- Also, if you’re giving people an option to Zoom, why would that not apply to the UI?
- Even at 1080p, I have to squint to make out what some of those 16×16 icons are in my inventory.
- Hella Underwhelming
- WHAR new content?
- This is the same shite I played years ago in EA.
- Randomly generated worlds of empty and boring.
- You know what’s worse than feature creep?
- Ripping out features.
- If team Cocaine Voltron can’t find a way to make multiplayer fun you gots problems.
- I tried you guys. I tried so hard
- This sort of game just doesn’t appeal to me. After about 20 minutes, I get bored out of my skull. No amount of time in early access is gonna fix that
- Roommate plays a bunch of this game, so I’ve seen some of the late/endgame stuff and it looks sorta interesting, but I just cannot devote the time or patience to get there
- I don’t hate it.
- I feel like this kind of game can only be judged fairly when compared to its genre-peers.
- On Linux you got your Minecrafts and Terraria itself.
- And in that subset of games/creativity toys, this is definitely more of a game than Minecraft.
- Minecraft was the true sandbox where you had nothing and had to create everything.
- Here, you have a little story prelude and the entire gameplay seems to be geared more towards exploration (almost in a 2D platformer Skyrim way) than it does on the crafting.
- Minecraft is the complete other way around.
- In fact, if crafting is such a big deal in this game (and they really want you to think it is), why is the crafting UI so arse backwards?
- Why do I need to craft an inventor’s desk to be able to craft a wooden workbench so that I may create a Hoe?
- If my character is starving, 10 times out of 7 I will die before I can figure out which of the amenities I need to use in order to bake a loaf of bread.
- But I said I didn’t hate it.
- Venn couldn’t find where the new content was. After having played over 10 hours in Early Access, I saw more content in the first 3 hours I’ve put into it post “release” than in those previous 10 hours.
- There’s a lot of content here, you just have to be the kind of person who goes looking for it instead of having it handed to you.
- Also, it’s a 2D platformer I don’t get sick of after 10 minutes.
- If this means anything it’s that if we ever throw chairs at Salt & Sanctuary, Venn’s gonna hate that too.