Ubuntu Core comes to the Compute Module 3, Fedora wants to record Wayland, LibreOffice needs mascot and grsecurity makes Linus grumpy.
Colour key – Venn Pedro Mathieu Jordan
- “A big part of the motivation for this is that we want to make Fedora Workstation the best place to create content…”
- Given Fedora’s continued hypocrisy issues with software licenses, this will never be a thing!
- If I am building a workstation it’s what i’m using because support from vendors.
- “We expect to start shipping PipeWire with Fedora Workstation 27…”
- PipeWire slated to start shipping with Fedora 35, gotcha!
- “ensure that PulseAudio applications can still be run without modification”
- Long as they can pull this off it should limit most of the headaches.
- And having something to do proper capture with Wayland will be a bonus soda.
- The last time Linux shocked me (and I mean shocked) was plugging in that BT adaptor.
- On the leadership bit I do wonder if Linux is Raptor Buss Proof.
- Grsecurity has been around for 16 years and yes, caused a few problems but I would not call it garbage.
- Remember that Math bug which caused Skylake processors to brick themselves?
- This one is worse!
- It affects both Skylake and Kabylake and without the microcode update, your only option is to disable hyperthreading to prevent this from happening.
- It was brought to the attention of the Debian project
- The defect can potentially affect any operating system
- FIX: Disable hyper-threading immediately in BIOS/UEFI
- Rhomb.io, formerly known as clickARM realized this thing was never going to ship and didn’t want their name attached to it.
- They were responsible for “designing and developing this product from the beginning, including the prototypes”shown off at trade shows.
- Never agreed to the release timeline BECAUSE
- The guts of the critter will not ship until years end and the Smach team said it would ship in April.
- The task is simple: design a new identifier for LibreOffice Community and ideally provide a name and a description to understand your idea. There is no restriction whether it’s a true mascot or just a symbol like Java’s Duke
- The design should be completely new, even if based on some initial artwork
Slice of Pi
- I only threw this in because I didn’t know Ebook servers were a thing.
- You can also add books to the library from other content providers
- Scratch 2 uses Flash. FLASH!
- Considering Scratch 2 is even meant to work offline, WHY the effing effe are you using flash?!
- Especially when you consider Scratch 1 was written in Squeak/Smalltalk.
- I’m still waiting for someone to do something cool with these.