Your intrepid heroes provide the quality assurance that should have been done in the first place. Crest faces the CHAIRQASITION!
Devel: Eat Create Sleep
Price: £6.99 / US$9.99 / CA$10.90
Wazzat: Become a god in this indirect god sim. Influence and try to control your followers using commandments but beware, free will leaves these open to interpretation. Will you create a flourishing civilization or lead them into cannibalism?
Mandatory Disclosure: Devs sent us keys
Makes with the working
- 30/45 @ 2160p
- 55/180 @ 1080p
- Saving a game caused me to tab out and crack open htop to see it was still working.
- Shite don’t close, yo.
- Alright, Vulcan nerve pinch causes it to hang but Exit button works.
- Properly multithreaded.
- Both fullscreen and windowed mode work as expected.
- The alt f4 thing is real.
- Those save times, though…
Shiny / Sounds
- Polygon titties.
- Oh hell, menus upon menus.
- Sounds were noped out of the box.
- WASD logical gerbil / keyboard layout.
- Click on things. Proclaim commandments.
- 30 GOTO 10
- You dropped my into the game proper after that little shite of a tutorial?
- I’m not a fan of hand-holding but WT actual F.
- Here’s some menus, a commandment, pick some berries and have at, fucko.
- 18min into the game and that’s where I would seek out the refund button.
- Is this a god game or a city management game with a bunch of extra steps?
- Commandments seems fk all useless.
- Damn thing basically play itself.
- Disclaimer on what I just said because daddy still don’t know what he is (or is supposed to be) doing.
- I gave you 45 minutes and 35 of them were spent randomly clicking about trying to make something happen… it didn’t.
- At $9.99 this is an example of getting what you pay for… and feeling a bit cheated.
- Hot damn is this shit boring.
- I mean, i get how it’s supposed to work. The turorial explains the mere basics, but everything has a tool tip
- But holy shit, I am just sitting here with my thumb up my ass
- Say what you will about the grindy nature of pokemon, but at least you’re doing something with your hands
- This is like Populous 2 without the point.
- The point being you had a clear goal and progression.
- Progression in crest seems to be completely optional and, most of the time, it looks no different than staring at the screen waiting for time to pass.
- You’re not playing a game, you’re giving the AI (if you can call it that) suggestions and may or may not get to it.
- I’m always up for a game that will change my mind about a genre… This isn’t it.
- In fact, I’d say this is the quintessential “god game” in its implementation and it’s fucking boring!