Wii U emulator Cemu goes open-source! A new Linux handheld based on the ODROID-N2+, Valve has an abundance of Steam Decks, Denuvo wants to crack down on Switch emulation, and a new Steam Mobile App that kinda works, sometimes.
03:13 Vintage analogue computing
06:02 Steam mobile app enters beta
10:35 Steam Deck prepares for launch in Asia
14:50 Updated Deck shipping estimates
18:10 Decorporation FPS
20:10 Yars Recharged
23:15 Rune Teller MMO
29:35 New ODROID-N2+ Linux powered handheld
33:21 Wii U emulator Cemu goes open-source
36:21 Denuvo wants to crack down on Switch emulation
41:21 Godot 4.0 nopes VisualScript
45:01 YSFlight goes open-source
Colour key: Venn Jordan eMpTy
- It works, I guess.
- Not about to trigger an authentication login just to test the QR thingy.
- Welp, it triggered it.
- It’s a bit, jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanky.
- Never gave me the option to scan a QR code and I have the latest client beta.
- Had to manually speed type the code since it was almost expired by the time the app got around to displaying it.
- Add a landscape mode FFS.
- It’s a bit sluggish on the Amazon 10 tab… like everything elks.
- What’s the point of the Steam Mobile app again?
- Steam deck: The brochure.
- Valve is bringing the Deck to the Asian market.
- Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and HK.
- It would seem the Deck is best experienced by pointing it at a cityscape.
- Hey, we get a mention of the Steam Controller.
- 18. We’ll soon be shipping a general installer for SteamOS
- 22. A reminder that you own the Deck, go ahead and break it.
- 26. Steam Deck 2 + Chrome OS.
- We’ve known about borealis for a while but it’s good to see a reminder
- Also if Google starts contributing manpower and funding to proton, well… that is an interesting future
- PDF is nice and all, but WHAT HARDCOVER coffee table version?
- If you were in Q4 you might have been bumped up to Q3.
- You can check your status, link in the show notes.
- Valve says Steam Deck production has continued to outperform their estimates.
- Or has it?
- My pessimism gland goes into overdrive when reading corporate speak.
- While I (like most of you) want to believe people are buying the snot out of Decks and Valve is continually ramping production I have to bring up option 2.
- A bunch of people got their reservations bumped up and didn’t have the $$ for it.
- Valve has some spare Decks all of a sudden.
Steam: New Games
- I get big superhot vibes from this
- The lego-man hands loosely gripping everything in the trailer is pretty funny.
- Yeah, this smells of we have Superhot at home.
- Well, minus the mechanic that made Superhot fun & challenging.
- Rougelike with random level generation.
- D00d, did you GPU drop LSD?
- Has very little to do with Denise Crosby or electric Armus
- It is a re-imagining/modernization of Yars Revenge
- This is published by atari and I guess this was originally intended to go on their VCS.
- ‘member that?
- No online multiplayer
- WHAR Yars: The early years?
- From the same team that brought you Basic Math Recharged.
- Man, I looked at their games and it’s basically the same mechanic with some asset swaps.
- Granted, a lot of that has to do with the limitations of the OG ATARI.
- Might make for a fun little mobile game?
- The VCS is going for $399 at BB.
- ^^^ and that’s why it’s on Steam…
- We have elden ring at home.
- Online co-op, I’m saying there’s a chance.
- It’s done in that art style, you know the one.
- The combat looks rough if I’m being polite.
- Outdoors the shadows are all noisy AF
- In the cave, lit by torches everywhere, no shadows… k
- World of JankCraft
- Watch out, Steam Deck.
- For $111 you will soon be able to get this gaming juggernaut.
- ODROID-Go Ultra.
- Running Ubuntu 20.04.4 with a gang or emulation cores.
- 2GB LPDDR4
- Quad-core ARM Cortex-A35
- 5” screen.
- You could do some N64/PS1 + Gamecube era gaming on this guy.
- October 2022.
- That dual USB A + C charger looks amazing janky
- Still For a handheld emulation box that’s a pretty good deal
- 2gb ram… old Ubuntu… janky charging cable… pass
- This has been going to happen any time now for a few years.
- Reads like dude is burn out on the project.
- Burnout is as good a reason as any to open source your project
- There are already a bunch of PRs to improve linux support
- No Emulator detecting DRM on WiiU games
- Introducing Denuvo for Wii U.
- Speaking of.
- Thought about trying to build this sucker myself, however:
- Currently requires case-insensitive filesystem
- GTK3 via wxWidgets
- This is some grade c- bullsh*t.
- I’m really curious how they plan on making this worthwhile for game devs.
- Yes, we have Switch EMU on the Linux.
- Steam Deck.
- It still baffles me that companies like Denuvo can exist.
- I mean I know why. It’s the execs making this decision to integrate these products, not the designers, but still.
- Because it does what it says on the tin, for a few months.
- I’m not sure the switch has the horsepower to run complex emulator detecting DRM and a game at 29fps
- Also, honestly the easiest thing nintendo could do to curb piracy is drop the prices of their games by 20 bucks
- Seems to me like this is targeted at emulators
- Is piracy on the actual Switch a thing? I thought the whole point of consoles making it hard to pirate
- GDscript it is.
- GDScript is better and something to pick up after learning scratch.
- Suck it, Blueprints.
- Does this mean they are removing the VisualShader?
- …but, but, but C#
- Random Godot rulez rambles
- They asked him for the sauce and he said yes
- Originally started in 1998
- It’s a more casual flight sim compared to Microsoft flight sim according to the captain.
- Right in the 2004 feels.
- We didn’t have much back then and there was some celebration about getting a flight sim on Linux.
- 18 years later having accomplished two lifetime goals the devel has set it free.
- He was too busy with other projects and decided the time was right.
- It builds but with an error on line 103 on the makefile.
- His salt with Xcode and the iOS dev ecosystem makes me smile
- “I was able to test-run my iOS app on my iPhone from XCode, but it was valid for only several days. When I tried to show my code to my class, it was expired and was useless.” LOL