Everything we know about Valve’s rumoured portable gaming PC, Nvidia nukes support for 700 series GPUs, Tesla is hiring Linux game developers, and multiplayer American Truck Simulator.
Subscribe Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS | More
04:52 Top Linux sellers of April
07:07 Steam client re-release
08:37 New Steam download page
11:17 Steampal Steam portable console
15:36 Truck Simulator online multiplayer
20:03 How we Got Here
24:26 Nvidia retires 700 series drivers
28:23 Bridging Vulkan and OpenGL
30:33 Tesla hiring Linux game developers
33:13 Lakka 3.0
35:26 Spooky Ghost sprite animator
37:23 Streamdeck on Linux
40:20 Review: Huntdown
53:11 Hate mail
Colour key: Venn Jordan Pedro
- Total war rome, Voxel tycoon, legend of the keepers are your linux games of de apriiiiiiillll
- And Hobo: Tough Life
- I am curious about it but the developer didn’t reply to my email.
- Gotta fix those pipewire issues.
- Now the update window is completely blanked out, progress.
- The Runtime now accounts for pipewire.
- Not that I noticed much of an issue on the laptop.
- All the games I tried when Fedora 34 came out worked just fine with sound.
- New download page more visually consistent with the new library
- Apparently there is also code for an updated settings menu pushed out, but nobody can access it just yet.
- Just so long as it maintains the ability to schedule downloads for 16hrs in the future.
- Could we get an option to add to the download queue without pushing it to the top?
- RTheren suggested a download all button in Discord, I agree!
- Now I’m thinking it’s a portable system.
- Aaand it seems Ars thinks so as well.
- I look forward to the SteamPai memes.
- Were they waiting for the Smach to die?
- They might have been waiting for their prototype to be baked and ready to go, unlike schmuck.
- Smach will have been beaten to market by Valve, let that sink in.
- Call it the SteamBoy.
Steam: Game Updates
- Tonight on Linux Game Cast Weekly.
- We agree to pick up cold Coors light in Texas and drive it to Georgia within 28 hours.
- People have been asking for this for years!
- I hope that even if the official multiplayer doesn’t support it, that someone mods some regular cars in.
Steam: New Games
- I look forward to it coming out of early access!
- Very very Quake-y in its presentation with more color… Well, more purple.
- Apparently you can blow through this in under an hour
- It is cheap as free though
- From the makers of “Introvert: Consequences” and ”life as a pizza”
- RIP 600, 700 series and official support for that one steambox dell put out that had a windows and steamos option
- I bought a GTX 670 as a gift to myself for graduating college.
- Now it’s out of the mainline driver window
- Nouveau drivers will get you 2D and basic 3D acceleration.
- Just don’t expect SLI or power management.
- The long-lived branch will remain supported for another 3 years, so if there are any bugs you find between now and then, now is the time to report them.
- Enabling cross talk between Vulkan and OpenGL opens a lot of doors
- And VirGL makes an interesting case in VFIO.
- This is an interesting bridge project.
- When you start combining this with stuff like Zink, some very interesting gears start to turn
- Shout out to frenchy in the job description (apparently they called first)
- Guessing they want to work on their infotainment system?
- Na, they are making a portable console to compete with Steam.
- It’s an ultraportable. You can drive it anywhere.
- And that battery life, wow.
- Updated with all the latest retoarch goodness
- Vulkan is primetime on intel, AMD and RasPi
- If you got a hacked switch, you can run Lakka on it now
- 64bit OS for the Pi4, no 32bit for that one.
- I’m sure someone out there is desperate to have a sprite animator that isn’t bundled with an entire game engine.
- Then again it is made with nCine, a 2D game engine, so I guess there goes that audience.
- It will still be useful if you want to stay away from Unity 2D or Godot.
- The correct way to use your Streamdeck on Linux with OBS.
- You’re going to need a Pi3 or 4 if you plan to go that route.
- You can run Companion on anything, including your PC for a localhost connection.
- No more annoying window focus issues.
- 5min video and a handy step-by-step guide on the webzone.
- This will work with the babby Streamdeck all the way up to ze big Chungus.
- There are tons of connections for controlling IOT, lighting etc.
- Work has been started on a connection for Ardour / Mixbus.