SteamOS Holo sees a big jump in the latest Hardware Survey, AMD launches Ryzen 7000, Intel ARC speculation that makes sense, Half-Life 3 artwork surfaces, and a game for people who enjoy moving.
Special Thanks to:
Basilx 23 month resub
00:44 Wizards n’ Sh*t: Rings of Power & House of the Dragon spoiler cast
01:13 A tale of water & metal
03:02 Threadbooper is under the weather
11:10 Half-Life 3 artwork uncovered
13:52 Linux market-share increased
18:02 Better Steam discovery with Experiment 14
20:52 Top Steam releases of July
23:27 Steam Deck gets sliders
25:32 Upcoming game: Fist of the Forgotten
28:27 Dwarf Fortress is still coming to Steam, eventually
30:37 Free Mafia
38:52 AMD Ryzrn 7000 release announcement
44:17 ARC speculation that makes sense
47:07 Intel Arc raytracing performance
53:32 OBS 28.0 is out
58:57 Leaked image of Logitech’s cloud gaming handheld
01:05:07 Game release: Moving In
Colour key: Venn Jordan Pedro
- When Valve moved house someone asked for old crap.
- When a super fan goes dumpster diving.
- In the haul some HL3-like images were mixed in.
- Also, that’s a penis.
- It looks like one of those double ended dildo’s…..Not that I have used one….
- 02:09 02:37 02:55
- A lot of striking looking vistas. It would have been pretty cool to explore through all of those
- Some of the unused left4brad stuff is cool too. I like that weird snake zombie lady and the proto lady boomer is hilarious
- Look at that Deck flavoured OS bump.
- SteamOS Holo is 13% of the Linux market.
- Don’t think we will be hitting 2% by year’s end.
- I still haven’t had a single survey on my Deck or tower all year so far.
- Linux is up .04% bringing it to 1.27%.
- This makes it easier to see key details about each game, and to flip through a queue of games faster than before.
- Ignore games that just aren’t your jam.
- I do like that it will provide a gameplay screenshot rather than just showing the game title image.
- Considering that Steam had a “Simfest Sale” Back in March of this year. As well, they are pointing out that Sim games were among the top sellers. This shouldn’t be too shocking.
- No native games on the list this month.
- Shame cuz we usually had one or two
- Sliders will now move extra slowly but will accelerate the longer you hold in a direction
- The controller configurator also had a bug when an external display is plugged in
- Also better emoji keyboard support
- Now you would think as a Deck owner that I would hit up the Beta Branch. Nope.
- I’m too lazy. But it is great that they are still making improvements to the UI
Steam: New Games
- Waiting on Ankle of the difficult to remember.
- Movement looks okay’ish.
- Doesn’t look to shabby at all. I can definitely see speed runners playing this.
- Definitely aping the aesthetic of Inside and Limbo
- Will there be power glove support?
Steam: Game Updates
- This is some George RR Martin shit
- Coming spoon ™
- I don’t see a lot of people clamoring for the Steamy Dwarfs.
- Yeah, it would be nice but it happens when it happens.
- Meh. I can’t see myself picking this up. But my daughter has been getting into Dwarf Fortress style games. So she might like it.
- You have until the 5th to grab this retro RPG.
- Runs OOTB with Proton.
- I installed it. But I am checking out the modding community first before I play it again.
- AMD seems confident in dipping > 5ghz again, even if it’s just for burst
- I remember the ol’ bulldozer mobo melters
- RIP in peace AM4. We hardly knew ye
- Hope used 5900Xs get cheap
- No more 65w power sippers.
- AM5 can deliver as much as 230 W to processors.
- No quad channel memory.
- No 64 lane hotness, boo!
- Maybe some adventurous motherboard manufacturer will split some PCIe 5.x lanes into x3 lanes and add some extra holes?
- All I need is a X16 and 1 X8 2×4.
- AM4 coolers will be compatible but may require a spacer plate.
- No word on AM4 thermal paste compatibility.
- Prices range from $299-699.
- Motherboards will start around $120.
- After all the speculation, yeah, that makes sense.
- Still a huge problem for Intel.
- I was never going to have high hopes for the GPU regardless of the delays. I still feel this is going to be a new generation of overpriced GPU’s.
- The midrange can outperform a 3060… sometimes.
- Raytracing is only useful if the raster performance is hella good.
- Enable RT on a 3060 and see if you can manage 1080p 60.
- What I’m saying is this is a pointless damn metric.
- Intel got fancier ray tracing cores apparently. Also seems like they were able to crunch some drivers out
- I feel real bad for who’s left
- So apparently the price is going to be somewhere greater than a 3060 and less than the TI?
- That’s the rub.
- You can get a used 3060 on ebay for $300 all, day, long.
- I get why Intel is holding off on releasing these bad boys.
- There is no win scenario unless they sell them below cost.
- I’m talking somewhere in the range of $250 for the midrange and $300 for the YOLO version.
- Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and push to market and trial that shit by fire.
- Like our next story.
- None of your plugins work anymore, YAY!
- All of your websockets are borked, YAY!
- Need NDI? LOL!
- The OBS Plugin Compatibility page pretends Linux does not exist???
- The big push in this release is HDR support.
- While 98.27% of OBS users have no idea what that is, it got us HEVC and AV1 encoding.
- RIP 32-bit operating systems.
- Hello QT6.
- Switched rendering on Linux from GLX to EGL.
- I have everything working on Debian 11 minus the captions plugin.
- This is a big breaky release and you need to keep that in mind before updating.
- If you have plugins that need updating do what I did.
- Reach out and ask the developer if an update is planned.
- They hit the images with a DMCA.
- Ridiculous! Cloud Gaming needs to die.
- Like I get the usage for it.
- But too many companies are expecting people to have great internet all the time now for these devices.
- So it’s an android tablet with an attached controller. We have those already
- I still have shit in boxes. I don’t think I’m gonna play a game that reminds me of something I need to do IRL
- This might be a relaxing game for people with DOCD , But I don’t know.