Coming up on this LinuxGameCast Weekly. Steam is coming, Humble Bundle 6 adds four games (we’re still waiting on one). Publishing With Unity and why Ubuntu software center is rubbish. Oh, we also play “find the source” a new game from Phoronix.
Stick around for the spoiler filled Doctor Who after show.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=unity_66_performance&num=1 (don’t peek)
1,000 user private beta starting in October.
- Who will get in?
- From the valve blog – “At this time, we are collecting interested persons for possible inclusion in an external beta in the future. If you have expressed interest in a comment or email, you’re on that list; nothing more is needed.”
- Is October code for Valve time?
Four Games Added To The Humble Indie Bundle 6 – Desura worked for updates, Ubuntu software centre requires; well, Ubuntu.
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER
- Gratuitous Space Battles
- Wizorb (first time HIB) ?
- Jordan – more games than I have already
- Want build of shatter that works for fedora 64 bit. AAAAA
- Ubuntu Software center best for updates? What about other distros? How do they keep track HIB Update?
- YOU will hate me for this. but could you explain in detail.
- No more Desura keys
- Publish a yum/zypper repository with the games. (THIS IS FOR RPM)
- RHEL model with paid repo access\
- Launch script that checks for updates?
- Vessel* WHAR? After a week; no news? Will it become the next Splot?
New build for Rochard – Change-log | Now goes down less than PAris Hilton in a Monaco nightclub.
- Player profile and progress changes are saved immediately instead of only on a clean exit
- Fixed Middle Mouse Button registering wrong, could cause a crash and data corruption if trying to save the settings with the wrong value returned.
- Fixed mouse delta being way too high in fullscreen mode
I still need to watch watching
- 32 and 64 bit
- Target Ubuntu 10.10 or later
- Just like exporting to Win/Mac (one click)
- Use developer.ubuntu.com – Free packaging / export your unity player and send a *.zip. DONE
- Ubuntu software centre (rev share is 80/20)
- Desura – \m/
- Indie Royale? Partners /w Desura
- HIB – Partners /w Ubuntu
You need to use your own input manager – screen size controls etc.
Don’t drop the soap – Prison Architect is now in Alpha
I’m sorry, but there isn’t a timescale on the Linux version just yet. As soon as we know the system requirements, we’ll be sure to let everyone know.”
Pffft! haven’t started on the Linux port.
$30? $30?! Why no demo? Do you pay for alpha games? Have a go at the YT comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDDzSOS0vzc&feature=player_embedded “We’re more interested in a smaller number of players that are more engaged in what we’re doing, than a huge audience that want to pay less. There’s a quality bar we’re putting in there.
The Legend of Zelda: Mystery of Solarus DX – Ubuntu vs Fedora
- Needed to install PHYSFS, modplug, SDL Ttf, SDL Image for source build – sudo apt-get install libenet-dev libphysfs-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libmodplug-dev
- Debs installed without issue.
Hostile Takeover Pre-Alpha demo
- Keep in mind that this is a very early build of the game with only one test level. It’s also missing a bunch of features, graphics and polish – and may not be 100% stable.
INTRODUCING – Find the source!
We pick an article from Phoronix and try to locate the source without mousing over the links.