MegaGlest 3.8.0 beta1 (svn revision 4514) is now available. You can grab the 32-bit or 64-bit installer packages or grow a beard and build it from source.
- Greater ability to translate game content into your native language. (including techtrees)
- Added Hebrew, Arabic, Vietnamese.
- better network game performance / management to handle slower clients.
- performance improvements.
- Enhanced AI behaviour.
- new game content including maps and tilesets.
- many bugfixes discovered in 3.7.1
- added ability for stand alone mod’s to customize more of the engine like about screen.
- animated tileset object support.
- easier ability to download game content from host.
- many new lua functions for scenario modders.
- addition of googlebreakpad to better track down bugs.
- color picking is now the default selection mode
- additional way of terrain texturing
MegaGlest (MG) is a fork/modification of the Real Time Strategy (RTS) game Glest. The primary goal for MegaGlest was to rework the network capabilities of the original Glest engine to offer a richer Network play experience, however, many additional features have been added (and previously existing features improved) since.