Your intrepid heroes get bit by a cobra, struck by lightning, and become Kung Fuhrer. Kings of Kung Fu faces the CHAIRQUISITION!
Game: Kings of Kung-FU hrer
Devel: Jay Lee Productions
Price: €/US$ 9.99 – CDN$ 10.99
Wazzat: Inspired by classic Kung Fu films, this passion fueled fighter provides fun 1 vs. 1 gameplay for gamers of all skill levels. Take on the role of one of 14 martial arts stunt masters as you fight to show your style cannot be beat.
– Not sure if want
– Check it out
Makes with the working
- This thing does not detect resolution, period.
- Why is the a PITA?
- Going from 4K to 1080.
- Let’s navigate the lower left-hand corner of our screen.
- Mix that /w the busted way you select resolution.
- On my Intel i7-4790k quad-core yolo-swag-dorito 780 powered 4k box of business it starts and runs.
- I recall having to fiddle with the resolution the first time I launched the game, but it was a simple matter of setting the resolution, and the game consistently comes up at 4k every time I launch it.
Shiny / Sounds
- When this critter was in Early Access I was handing out pass-organs like a mofo
- I considered the graphics, sound, animation, fighting system (basically everything) to be placeholders.
- You know, a solid foundation that could be improved on.
- Then they changed fk-and-all and called it baked.
- If you disable all the graphical bullshit you will see the fugly, in spades.
- The sounds made while spanking an opponent with your meat-sticks is wholly unsatisfying.
- As for the soundtrack, well, are you a fan of three second loops?
- The film grain effect really does a bad job of hiding the terrible rigging
- The announcer is so lacist
- Soundtrack is meh
- It doesn’t look particularly good
- The film grain effect makes everything look blurry and they’re not giving me an option to disable it. even though they give you the option to turn it off I didn’t fucking find it until Venn mentioned it.
- All you’re given is the Unity quality slider of nope.
- I didn’t mind the background music so much, but that fucking announcer screaming “Very good!” whenever someone makes a 2-hit combo was getting on my nerves.
- Guess what?! They don’t give you a separate slider for the announcer either.
- Welcome to 2004, we have nice graphics. Blech.
- There are NO graphical options to be found beyond resolution, and an ambiguous “quality” slider
- Or rather, no useful options
- Also, WHAR Vsync?
- And the soundtrack, is, well, it’s there, I suppose. And repetitive as fuck.
- I’ve played 3D fighters on the FK mothering PS1 that controlled better than this.
- My gamepad is not a FSM damned SUGGESTION STICK!
- Seriously, I gave up trying to execute specials.
- Button mashing has the same effect.
- Remappable controls, detects the ps4 controller fine
- Combos fire when they feel like it
- I don’t mind playing a fighter game with the keyboard.
- Disclaimer: I never thought I’d be using SkullGirls as a positive example for anything, but here we are.
- I have beaten the SkullGirls story mode with all characters using just the keyboard.
- But that’s because SkullGirls has tight controls.
- This busted ass piece of shit will barely register anything more complex than a 3 or 4 hit combo.
- Oh and the hitboxes are slightly larger than the characters.
- I, for one, simply cannot play a beat-em-up with a keyboard, at all, period, so luckily it picked up my 360 controller from the get-go.
- Any game where I can’t control the menu with the D-pad AND navigation with the thumb stick is in the least bit floaty, is going to get dinged a chair automatically.
- I’m going to have to ding it another chair, simply because the controls lack the precision to easily deliver combo moves.
- The AI in this game is pants-on-head-organ-retarded.
- I played on ‘Easy’ for 20+ minutes using the five-fingered button mash technique.
- Only died once and let me tell you ‘easy’ is where you want to play the game.
- Higher than that prepare to get killed to death because the CPU has the ability to, I don’t know ..EXECUTE MOVES!
- “Waaaa Venn is blaming the controls when the truth is he can’t play!11!”
- Listen, I have Skull Girls and got my ass-organ handed to me repeatedly for the first two hours.
- Now, I can get about halfway up the ladder.
- How? I was able to learn the moves, and, get this, (it’s the good part) pull them off.
- That’s something you simply cannot accomplish with KoKf.
- I would rather play Mortal Kombat on the O.G. Gameboy
- Seriously, this is a fighter that can only count to potato.
- Honestly, it gets kind of boring after a while
- The AI is kind of dumb, and while at first it was fun to wail on some mooks as Chong Li from bloodsport, it gets pretty repetitive
- Sometimes you combo someone so good you punch them in the dick. I’ll give it to the game,that’s pretty satisfying
- A grim reminder that we will never actually get a tekken game on linux
- I played through the arcade mode with a single character and unlocked 5 of the 12 achievements for this game.
- When I saw that I immediately felt like I was done with it.
- That’s bad, yo!
- I did all of that in 30-ish minutes, that’s still within the refund window.
- This game isn’t quite boring enough for me not to play it ever again.
- But I seriously doubt I’ll ever play it ALONE again.
- Might make an OK social game.