Your intrepid heroes provide the quality assurance that should have been done in the first place. The Escapists 2 faces the ChairQAsition!
Game: Escapists 2
Webzone: The Escapists 2
Devel: Team17 Digital Ltd , Mouldy Toof Studios
Wazzat: Craft, Steal, Brawl and Escape! It’s time to bust out of the toughest prisons in the world as you return to the life of an inmate in The Escapists 2, now with multiplayer!
Mandatory Disclosure: Keys, we were sent them.
Makes with the working
- Maintains a solid 70+ @ UHD.
- Then again, it should.
- It works. Even with shadows on, it runs over 100 ferps at UHD, on a 1050Ti.
- It doesn’t work on my Inspiron 11, though, it just runs out of RAM.
- The game launches to the menu, but trying to get into a game brings on the OOM.
- Not dinging it a chair because they did say 4GB of RAM.
Shiny / Sounds
- That’s some next-level hipster-pixel animation.
- I mean, hell.. I rather enjoyed looking at the damn thing.
- Heavy SNES influence.
- Ended up Slayering the audio after the initial tutorial.
- I like hipster pixels done right, and this is right up my alley.
- And I like soundtracks that don’t force me to mute them, and I immediately forget about when I quit the game.
- I gave it the Areola Controlla challenge and it passed with flaming colours OOTB.
- Everything logically mapped and 100% sitback experience.
- Definitely has some issues with the ds4 steam controller
- WASD works. It’s a little weird though,
- I didn’t even realize it had controller support, it just made sense to use the K&M.
- Which was easy to wrap my brain meats around.
- This falls into the “if I had more time” category of business.
- It’s a hipster-pixel top-down open world’ish in a closed environment.
- Crafting, MEH!
- Fetch Quest, the game.
- Then again I do like any game that gives me multiple ways to sort a problem and Escapist 2 delivers.
- Desert island game 100%.
- It’s just OK
- It’s an interesting challenge, do the work required to stage a prison break
- However, most of this game seems to be grinding the routine to avoid suspicion, and grinding for the shit you need to escape
- I guess it’s an OK fuck around simulator, but it’s not really doing much for me
- I was going to give it 1 chair for the FUN, BUT I figured something out that isn’t documented anywhere that I could find.
- When you go on a quest and someone says “here take this THIS and give it to X”, and you can’t find THIS in your inventory to give to X, then you need to go and find THIS with the little clue-piece icon on the map, which is usually in the quest-giver’s desk.
- I spent a good hour not figuring that one out.