Your intrepid heroes provide the quality assurance that should have been done in the first place. PAWARUMI faces the ChairQAsition!
Devel: Manufacture 43
Price: £12.99 / US$16.99 / CA$18.99
Wazzat: Pawarumi is a modern shoot’em up set in a retro futuristic sci-fi pre-Columbian universe. You’ll take control of the almighty ship Chukaru and its three unique weapons! Shoot wisely to either do double damage, heal yourself or charge your Super Attack!
Makes with the working
- Had some issues /w UHD during Early Access but those have been sorted.
Shiny / Sounds
- Looks good for a shoot em up @ 2160.
- Hell, for the first few levels ir holds a solid 60.
- Then it goes to hell in the jungle ant drops to 30.
- 1080p looks blurry /w a case of the jaaaaags.
- Overall the game looks quite nice.
- Detailed backdrops (almost to a fault)
- No sound, only silence.
- It’s the only way I can enter my pew state.
- The visual style is pretty interesting. I like the astec aesthetic
- The music isn’t too bad either.
- Vsync is on by default, killing that and it can hold 60ferps @ UHD with occasional dips to the mid 50s
- Temporal AA works, that was nice to see.
- It’s less effective that other types of AA but also much easier on resources and doesn’t make everything look blurry like FXAA.
- The weapons seem to lack some impact.
- I can see how devastating they are but unleashing the ultimate just looks and sounds so miserably inadequate.
- Steamy detection OOTB.
- Logical layout.
- No lag here.
- Just a nit to pick with the attack colours corresponding with the xbox controller buttons. DOesn’t as easily translate to the dual shock
- Still works fine though
- Whar mouse controls?
- Not saying you had to bind everything to the mouse. Not everyone has a 10 button mouse…
- But at least letting you move with the mouse wouldn’t have gone amiss.
- Sweet hell that was wicked-short.
- 80min at the speed of cocking about.
- Yeah, not $16.99 well spent.
- Easy: Boring
- Normal: Kinda fun
- Hard: FK you hard no fun.
- I really want a 3rd person view ala FoxStar.
- It’s a short shooter that really doesn’t bring anything new to the table.
- They did a good job with the game but that price is too damn high for something you can accidentally beat.
- If it goes 90% off give it a look.
- Sorry Pawarumi, you’re just not my game
- Suck at schmups, and one needs to be super compelling to make me want to play it for more than an hour
- And super compelling this isn’t
- It’s pretty looking,
- I didn’t hate it!
- It’s not stupidly hard like shmups nowadays feel like they have to be.
- Even with all the colours and everything else on screen I never really lost track of my ship.
- That said, it hasn’t really done much to change my mind about shmups
- Demon Star still holds a special place in the derelict unused wastes of my brain.
- I don’t know if it’s the lack of impact to shooting or getting shot, the feel like that of piss hitting grass from the ultimate weapon, apparently the fact that it’s pretty short.
- I couldn’t be arsed to try and get to the end because it just didn’t grab me.