Valve explains their AI policy, GE Proton adds support for Gears 5, Hollow Knight fan-made DLC, online Amiga gaming done right, 0AD on Risc V, and a PS1 game from 1996 gets a Linux port.
Special thanks to:
DNSGJoe – Evil West
PtDave – Twitch Resub
DonM – Twitch Resub
Basil – Twitch Resub
00:32 Android keyboards
04:06 Replacement MOBO
06:18 Pedro car upgrades
08:09 Valve clarifies their position on AI assets
10:31 Gears 5 on Linux with GE Proton
15:35 1996 PS1 “classic” Re-Loaded comes to Linux.
17:20 Legit card fighting with Yomi 2
19:37 A Dark Room
21:53 Hollow Knight Pale Court DLC
31:05 NVIDIA warns AIB partners not to make Intel GPUs
40:59 Aya NEO Kun handheld
45:41 Online Amiga gaming with AmigaLive
51:29 0AD on Risc V
57:59 It was Dreamcast
01:00:29 Extra Kicks
Colour key: Venn Jordan Pedro
- Valve: We’re working on it, chill.
- I would say that’s an improvement but it’s just the exact same MO they’ve always had.
- Don’t talk about a damn thing until the media starts to kick up a fuss.
- The fuss was kicked.
- One question is how will Valve handle the verification.
- Is it gonna be an automated solution or does something like this necessitate human review?
- We’re not into grinding Gears but this made some noise.
- The latest Proton GE (still calling it that) can run Gears 5 OOTB.
- No cocking about required.
- In fact, you need to remove previous workarounds.
- Sooo, how many games are stuck behind the EAC wall this far into 2023?
- Did Dead by Daylight ever get sorted?
- APB Reloaded fix which doesn’t require either INI alteration or custom launch codes.
- Two Worlds… wow…
- How bad does your game have to be for it to have taken this long to sort?
- 8-6 just got pushed out with a HotFix for ffxiv
Steam: New Games
- 1996 PS1 “classic” comes to Linux.
- Not to be confused with 2015s release of ReLoaded: https://store.steampowered.com/app/379380/ReLoaded/
- Or the Metallica Album
- I really liked Loaded
- Never played the Re version.
- Scores for this in the day topped out at 4.675/10
- With such memorable characters as C.H.E.B and F.U.B?
- Round one, CLICK!
- That’s a legit fighting card game.
- This is by the same folks who brought you fantasy strike. It even has the FS characters
- Supports Online synchronous and asynchronous play, which is pretty neat.
- Well, if the internet has deemed your fighting game to not be worthy might as well reuse those assets.
- The PC port definitely has weird lineage, coming from a nintendo switch version that spun off into its own toolkit
- There’s a web based version of this as well https://adarkroom.doublespeakgames.com
- It reminds me a lot of Citizen Sleeper, but using real time instead of a turn counter.
- Seems like a pretty fun book to play.
- Has support for a touch screen.
- And MODs.
Steam: Game Updates
- This is what happens when you don’t feed the addicts.
- New charms, music, bosses, etc.
- You got to jump through a few hoops to get it.
- Download Scarab v220.127.116.11 and do the setup, then install the MOD.
- Wine or not to Wine.
- The official nvidia partner program is dead! Long live the unofficial nvidia partner program!
- This is all skuttlebutt and rumours, but Nvidia is sitting pretty at the top of the market and intel absolutely does have the funding to eventually become a major competitor if they stick with it
- Were I in the position of NVidia’s board partners, I’d be looking literally everywhere else to find other GPUs to package.
- NVidia have been basically hostile to their board partners to the point EVGA just said no.
- And I can imagine Intel is very happy to not have to bear the brunt of the sales like they did with Archie.
- True or not, this is 100% something NVIDIA would do.
- It’s not like they haven’t pressured board partners in the past.
- That said, pressuring their largest partners to refuse working with Intel on Battlemage requires Intel to ship Battlemage.
- Latest rumour for the Mage is that it can sorta-kinda trade blows with a 4080.
- Ironically, the Liliputing URLs are the chonkiest.
- That has to win the longest (non ref) URL ever in the show notes.
- For the record, it’s 186 characters. The max in chrome is 2048 characters so stop slacking news blogs!
- Aya NEO is going all Deck like.
- 8.4 inch display might be a wee large for a handheld?
- That 75wh battery will help keep things powered while running Windows.
- Bigger battery brings the weight to about 2lbs, so no toothpick arms allowed
- This thing is all kinds of slick.
- Download, launch, play.
- SFII and MK are on the list.
- The Altered Beast port is baaaaaaad.
- Most of these games support the two button gamepad and it’s as terrabad as you remember.
- I want the NES version of this.
- Can we have all of the multiplayer made online for 6th gen consoles and earlier?
- Gauntlet 3 Final quest has a dope soundtrack
- Having all the games in a list is nice, but a search box in the UI would be nice if you already knew what you were looking for
- They have it running on Milk-V pioneer which has 64 cores @2ghz and up to 128GB ram
- I wonder how it runs on that vision board tha that the fex folks were using
- These madpeople have also got Tux Kart running: https://twitter.com/Houge_Langley/status/1676292173820469250